13.12.06


“...when I'm sampling from your bosom
Sometimes I suffer from distractions like
Why does God cause things like tornadoes and train wrecks?

“...when I'm swimming in
When I'm swimming in your ocean
Floating aloft on creams
An scented lotions
I can get pretty side-tracked
I hope you'll understand

“...when I kneel before your bounty
Sometimes I wonder if there could be really
UFO's that come from other planets
“...and when you let me taste your fingers
I take them like fruit and as I linger
I wonder if my seed will find purchase in your soil...”


What kind of senior geek poet would write something like this?
Brad Roberts, ladies and gentlemen, from the Crash Test Dummies. Remember the lyrical, romantic tune “Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm”?
The one with the bass-baritone voice?

Yes, it’s him and my feeling was right when I thought he might be some kind of a not-that-famous John Lennon.
I started reading about him cause I got interested in his lyrics. I didn’t know why but I felt that he was someone to pay more attention to, that his lyrics weren’t just any dummy’s work.


And they weren’t.

This canadian musician is a *double* gold medallist in English and Philosophy from a canadian university. The gold medal in Canada is beyond Summa Cum Laude, it goes to The One at the top of the department on graduation.

So what do we do now?

I guess knowing everything there is to know about him, listening to all of his albums and reading all of his poetry will be more than enough.

Or not, for the ones like me, who are never satisfied with the material provided and would want to fly into the writer’s head
just because they feel they have the same philosophical nature
and the same theological questions
and the same estranged imagination.
Somewhere... somewhere else we have to go to,
something else we have to reach to...

UNBELIEVABLE SONGS WRITTEN BY THIS GENIOUS:
- Keep a lid on things
- Playing dead
Album: Give yourself a hand

UNBELIEVABLE ARTICLE ABOUT THIS GENIOUS:
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0010350

UNBELIEVABLE POEM BY THIS GENIOUS:
http://www.crashtestdummies.com/ - Boy Genius

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

yes sir! thank you for the advice (good advice) and i'm just now getting all this stuff from emule and broadening my cultural horizon reading the above mentioned article.
thank you sir.